RE: [External] : Re: Lisp anime video

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Lisp anime video
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 02:14:31 +0000

> >> I thing I've pointed this list (and emacs-devel)
> >
> >   s/thing/think
>
> I thing we should have a video page on the Emacs Wiki.
> We already have the anime Lisp video and the 20 Lisp lectures
> at MIT. Now we only need <something else> as well and we're
> all set :)

Please. Do. Create one.

Anyone can contribute to the wiki - create pages, delete pages, edit pages.
See "How to use this site" on the SiteMap page (emacswiki.org).
___

There actually is a video page, at least one for Emacs demos and for how to
create such videos: page `Emacs Screencasts'.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsScreencasts

And searching for "video" shows some other pages: EMMS, W Three M Youtube,
Emacs Application Framework.
___

But I think you meant a page with links to videos about using Emacs, and Lisp,
and such.

For that you'd want to create a "category" page: CategoryVideo.  The front
page, aka SiteMap, is essentially just links to the category pages.  You'd add
link there to the CategoryVideo page.

Each wiki page typically has one or more links to category pages at its bottom,
and it's in turn linked from each of those category pages. (I mean, someone
added such links - nothing is automatic.)

If you want to create a category page and add it to the SiteMap page, see the
note at the beginning of the SiteMap: "Please check `Comments on SiteMap'
before editing this SiteMap page"  That page is here:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Comments_on_SiteMap