jiralib2 auth issues

From: Luiz Romário Santana Rios
Subject: jiralib2 auth issues
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 14:00:12 -0300

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I started using jiralib2[1] recently and I'm so happy with it, but I have some issues trying to authenticate.

So, I have written a small function called `get-my-current-jira-task` using jiralib2 that makes a specific query and extracts some information I want from the query result (I want to know the key of my current ongoing task). If I just open emacs and `M-x get-my-current-jira-task`, jiralib will ask my password, but will try to do the query as an anonymous user and fail.

But if I change the authentication mode from basic to cookie, login explicitly with 'M-x jiralib2-session-login`, then change authentication mode _back_ from cookie to basic, _then_ maybe running `M-x get-my-current-jira-task` will work.

The step by step to make authentication work is not yet clear to me and sometimes I have to repeat the process a couple of times before it works.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had the same problem? This is my jiralib2 config:

    (require 'use-package)
    (use-package jiralib2
      :init
      (setq jiralib2-url server