Re: Lisp anime video

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Lisp anime video
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 21:55:52 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 04:46:04PM +0200, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
> GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
> [...]
>> Yeah, head and tail I get, that is more related to the list
>
> [...]
>
>> And not that people were handling huge and complicated nested
>> data structures? Which sounds very impractical and error prone?
>> Only they were so skilled it still worked? With `car', `cdr',
>> and, literally, 28 combinations?
>
> Never forget that a list's car can also be... a list. That's the
> fun part :-)

Indeed lists can be fun. I think it is fun that there is no explicit data
structure called list in traditional lisps, it just a way to work with conses.

By the way, I found a nice little program to show cons structures (lists) and
converted it to elisp. It is cool, looks like box drawings in early papers.

cheers

- "always angry"