Re: unable to map C-_ to undo in wsl ubuntu emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: unable to map C-_ to undo in wsl ubuntu emacs
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 15:49:34 +0200

Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> I've got Emacs-27.2 running in Emacs -nw and when I do C-_,
> I get RET which I confirmed by C-h k "RET runs the command
> newline (found in global-map)... compiled lisp function in
> 'simple.el'"

If it says it is RET then setting it sets RET as well.

But I get "C-_ is undefined" so something is different
between us.

A terminal emulator issue, perhaps?

> ;; mapping C-_ to undo as it seems to be not recognized in some settings
> (global-set-key "" 'undo)

Good idea for a shortcut, I have M-0 run `undo'. Much better
than before, the left thumb just goes from SPC to Meta and the
left ring finger straight up to 0, so both minimal or very
close/short movements and equally easy to reset/get back to
asdf/jkl;.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal