Re: In search for an emacs hacker

From: kf
Subject: Re: In search for an emacs hacker
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 14:30:37 -0400

On 9/6/21 11:52 AM, Vitus Schäfftlein wrote:
I am looking for someone who is willing to help me with my project and some things I would like to have changed for my own sake. Of course, they will be paid, but I am a student paying out of his own pocket so my financial resources are limited (i can send you 150$ for a bigger task, but not 1500$...).

Yeah, after reading that, I knew you couldn't be an American college student. Most of them can barely afford to buy books and Ramen noodles, never to hire a programmer. :D

I love the idea you have. Unfortunately, I'm not much of an elisp hacker (though I have written a few nice functions that have been extremely useful over the years). I would suggest (1) finding some webspace for your project... I'll let others make suggestions for that. And (2), on that webspace make a prioritized list of the functions you want (describing the functionality well)... and ask about them here on this list too. You may find that there are the same or similar functions already available in the vast emacs code base. And as the FOSS developers say, "there's no sense in re-inventing the wheel."

As your project develops, you'll be able to move items on your "todo" list to your "done" list and thereby document your academic-emacs project.

Viel Glück,
kf