Re: In search for an emacs hacker

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: In search for an emacs hacker
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 21:09:13 +0200

Vitus Schäfftlein <v_scha12@uni-muenster.de> writes:

> Hey, folks!
>
> tl;dr looking to hire an emacs hacker who helps me change emacs to make it
> work
> for academics.

Have you tried Scimax? https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax

It is done by an academic (John Kitchin) for use in science. It runs well on
Windows and maybe already does what you need?

> Is there an emacs hacker out here who is convinced that emacs should be used
> by
> academics, too, and who wants to support this cause while earning some money
> on
> the way? If so, please get in touch with me!

I think that all Emacs hackers are convinced that Emacs should work for
academics and for everyone else for that matter.

If you find functions that does not work as expected, than repport bugs. That
will definitely help develop Emacs.

Also use this list and r/Emacs (Emacs on Reddit) and ask for help about tasks
you are doing. The more you do yourself the more you will learn.

If you would like to hire someone than sure post on emacs-devel@gnu.org or on
r/Emacs, I am sure someone will help you.

It will probably help if you post the problem you would like solved first.

best regards