Re: languagetool and emacs ?

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: languagetool and emacs ?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 21:48:26 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:

I see at least 4 packages that interface to languagetool. Does anyone have feedback on their ease of use ?

I have tried a couple of prose linters, including LanguageTool, and settled on Vale [1] with Flymake. I run Vale/Flymake in all kinds of buffers, from regular documents to chat and more. I have a list of regular expressions that make Vale ignore code, mathematics, citations, and the like. It works well. I would like to plug in a spell checker to Vale next and then disable Flyspell. With that, my list of regular expressions will apply to both style and spell checking.

[1]: https://github.com/errata-ai/vale

R+

--
Programming reliably --- must be an activity of an undeniably mathematical nature [...] You see, mathematics is about thinking, and doing mathematics is always trying to think as well as possible. -- Edsger W. Dijkstra (1981) Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia [he/him]