Re: mu4e missing chars

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: mu4e missing chars
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 20:56:22 +1000

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@gmail.com> writes:

Hi all,
I suspect this has something to do with font faces, however when I start mu4e on emacs 27.2, I cannot see the quick jump keys: they are replaced with an asterisk, so that the whole screen is as follows:

* mu4e - mu for emacs version 0.9.9.5 C

  Basics

        * [*]ump to some maildir
        * enter a [*]earch query
        * [*]ompose a new message

  Bookmarks

        * [* ] Unread messages
        * [* ] Today's messages
        * [* ] Last 7 days
        * [* ] Messages with images

You can see, for example, that the first entry is "[*]ump to some
maildir" instead of "[j]ump to some maildir".
Anyone has a suggestion?

If it is font faces, have you tried moving point to the place where it should be the bookmark jump keys, do `C-u C-x =` and inspect the result?

Thanks,
Luca

--
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>