Re: script-representative-chars vs incomplete fonts

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: script-representative-chars vs incomplete fonts
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:46:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> The docstring also says this:
>>
>>     If it is a list, all characters in the list are necessary for
>>     supporting SCRIPT.
>>     If it is a vector, one of the characters in the vector is necessary.
>
> So you want to require both upper- and lower-case variants?

As a mitigation against fonts like KpMath, yes.  See attached debugging
code, and subsequent patch/screenshot pairs.

Emacs 28, unpatched:

"Vector" patch, with even worse results:

"List" patch, with satisfactory results:

Alternative "list" patch, with fewer mandatory codepoints and similarly
good results:

Should I submit (a variation of) one of these patches to bug-gnu-emacs?
Or should I look into other solutions?