Re: Gnus: scrolling w/ space jumps to next message before hitting bottom

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus: scrolling w/ space jumps to next message before hitting bottom
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:40:38 +0200

Eric S Fraga wrote:

>> Hi, when using "space" to scroll in summary (split) view,
>> the message scrolls but then moves to the next message
>> without actually seeing the last few lines. I tried
>> toggling `gnus-article-over-scroll' to `t' but it
>> didn't help.
>
> This sounds like it's skipping over the signature which you
> often don't wish to read. I don't know if this skipping can
> be controlled [...]

Turn the signature into a button:

  (setq gnus-treat-hide-signature t)

The hit TAB to get there with `next-header' and hit RET to
show it ... if/when desired.

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/moggle.el

Maybe that package documentation including docstrings should
be modernized ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal