Re: The cons syntax format used by use-package.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: The cons syntax format used by use-package.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:58:47 +0200

I was showed this method by a certain individual and have used
it since

;; (setq gnus-article-prepare-hook nil)
(defun gnus-article-prepare-hook-f ()
  (gnus-with-article-buffer
    (gnus-article-wash-more) ))
(add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook #'gnus-article-prepare-hook-f)

And this I was showed by another individual

(defun add-one-shot-hook (hook fun)
  (let ((name (cl-gensym)))
    (setf (symbol-function name)
          (lambda (&rest _)
            (remove-hook hook name)
            (funcall fun) ))
    (add-hook hook name) ))

Urban legend: hooks slow down the interactive feel. (Real
mystery: what does?)

And what does "Never hook with a hooker" mean?

Actually it makes sense even tho (especially) because you DO
want to jab with a jabber ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal