RE: [External] : Re: Emacs: adding 1 to every number made of 2 digits in

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Emacs: adding 1 to every number made of 2 digits inside a marked region.
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:23:24 +0000

> > Just record the keystrokes you use to
> > make one change, then replay the recording.
>
> Poor man's programming, don't encourage him to start with
> that :)

Poor man tools are sometimes useful for poor and
rich men.

1. Even for someone with good Elisp skills, a
keyboard macro is sometimes preferable as a one-off.
My guess is that most uses of keyboard macros are
for one-off tasks.

2. Getting used to using keyboard macros can help
someone get to know other Emacs features and ways
to use Emacs.  Telling someone not to use them is
like telling them not to use arrow keys.