Re: [External] : How to create a higher order function?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : How to create a higher order function?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:11:45 +0200

Drew Adams wrote:

> RMS's arguments are specifically for users of an editing
> environment such as Emacs. They go beyond the general
> arguments for providing dynamic binding (in addition to
> lexical) in Lisp.

Again, if it is the options argument I agree that's a good
method to do it however I would formulate that as "we
implement options by way of global variables", I don't see how
dynamic/special vs static/lexical really applies?

I also would not hit the big drum over that since it is such
a basic idea which everyone understands. It is like putting
a nail under a spotlight on a huge pedestal in a museum on the
industrial revolution. Because everyone already understands
the nail - at least conceptually, so there's no reason to
do it.

And, while I don't know who the "RSM" of the industrial
revolution was, I'm still 100% confident he was very familiar
with the nail.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal