Re: Right justify the comments starting from the position of `#' for all

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Right justify the comments starting from the position of `#' for all lines.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 05:39:12 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Suppose I've the following code snippets:
>
> foo ...              # foo comments
>      bar ...     # bar comments
>           baz ...            # baz comments
> [...]
>
> Now, I want to right justify the comments starting from the
> position of `#' for all lines. Any hints/tips for achieving
> this goal?

The mode should do this for you, see `comment-column'.

But the way to use comments is to use it when something sticks
out in a weird way or in a way that's difficult to understand
by just looking at the code.

If you do this all the time comments won't help ...

And if you do this very rarely as you should, aligning the
comment manually is not a problem.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal