Re: Closures in Emacs and their usage scenarios.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Closures in Emacs and their usage scenarios.
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:31:56 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

>>> And God wrote in Lisp code every creature great and small.
>>> Don't search the disk drive for man.c, when the listing's
>>> on the wall. And when I watch the lightning burn
>>> unbelievers to a crisp, I know God had six days to work.
>>> So he wrote it all in Lisp.
>>>
>>> [1] https://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/eternal-flame.en.html
>>
>> But before you get too carried away, there's this: https://xkcd.com/224/
>
> In addition, here are the relevant versions

Hm, this is idiomatic English meaning ... ?

If just translated word by word to Swedish, it is not
something I would say to a Japanese engineer. Or any woman!
And not just because the Japanese engineer doesn't know
Swedish ...

> https://xkcd.tw/224
> https://explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/224:_Lisp

This comes up all the time it seems. I still don't understand
the pattern and metapattern part.

The word metapattern can mean a lot of things but reading the
Wikipedia article it says "[i]t is a pattern of patterns".

Then it says:

  The Dutch computer scientist Pieter Wisse proposed a method
  called Metapattern for conceptual modeling: a technique for
  meta-information analysis and modeling that emphasizes
  reusability. The method is described in his book
  Metapattern: Context and Time in Information Models [1]

I don't know how that refers to Lisp, or how Lisp refers to
that, and I'm unsure if I ever did "conceptual modeling" or
"meta-information analysis".

Hm, "meta-information analysis", wasn't that what Mr.
Snowden and NSA was/are up to?

But I've read his book - he doesn't mention Lisp ...

@book{i-allmanhetens-tjanst-permanent-record,
  author     = {Edward Snowden},
  isbn       = {978-91-7343-975-6},
  publisher  = {Leopard},
  title      = {I allmänhetens tjänst (Permanent Record)},
  translator = {Stefan Lindgren},
  year       = {2019 (2019)}
}

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metapattern