Re: emacs configuration

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: emacs configuration
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 00:49:07 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-09-30 19:27]:
> Jude DaShiell wrote:
>
> > Has emacs got something like an #include directive that can
> > be used as it is in C? If so, it might be worth using it to
> > tidy up my .emacs file.
>
> Split up the source into several files, do `require' and
> `provide' in each of them, and `load-file' from the main,
> still ~/.emacs file.
>
> If a language needs a preprocessor that's not a good sign.

Not related to discussion, rather to "preprocessor", on my side I am
working with the database. And the database could practically include
certain Emacs Lisp expressions. Those could evolve from multiple
users. That is where preprocessor could be useful on my side as to
include such customized snippets or modified functions for each user
being different. That is currently handled on my side by using
`eval'. Other possible use for preprocessor is to dynamically include
some date, signature, link snippets in the script.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman