Re: Convert the hexadecimal character code to the corresponding Unicode

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Convert the hexadecimal character code to the corresponding Unicode value.
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 19:55:48 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> See this project which can do base conversion up to 36
> easily in Emacs:
>
> https://github.com/AdamNiederer/0xc

Okay, well, yes of course, but it is used sometimes in the
shell - not every day but sometimes - in Emacs I don't think
I ever used it, but if I did I'd do it from the shell after
M-x shell RET.

In the shell however getting Emacs isn't that easy.

Also, since this solution is so simple and general, and that
is all based on the shell tool bc(1), it is more natural to do
that with shell programming.

> But sorry for my inaccurate description. I mean the  "\uxxxx"  or
> "\U00xxxxxx" counterpart of the code point represented by
> decimal/hexadecimal/octal formats.

... an example?

> BTW, why do you use `incar' as your website's main name [1]?
> [1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal

NASCAR (Daytona USA) just suddenly lacked the variety I needed
after a couple of hundred laps ... incar (or IndyCar Racing)
seems to have another drive!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal