Re: Convert the hexadecimal character code to the corresponding Unicode

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Convert the hexadecimal character code to the corresponding Unicode value.
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 03:05:03 -0300

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021 at 01:38, Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still, only garbage is generated, as shown in the attachment.

Oops, I didn't realize that there was an implicit question in your
e-mail...

I use `M-x fea' (a.k.a. `find-echars-around') like this: I visit
/usr/share/unicode/UnicodeData.txt and I search for characters in it
by name... for example, suppose that I've found this line in
UnicodeData.txt:

2203;THERE EXISTS;Sm;0;ON;;;;;Y;;;;;

it looks interesting, and I know that usually a character that I find
interesting is part of a family of characters that I will also find
interesting. So I type M-x fea with point on that line that starts
with 2203, and it displays the 200 characters before 0x2203, then char
0x2203 on a line by itself, then the 200 characters after 0x2203...

I told you that this was just a quick hack, and I though that you
would look at the code, find references to some functions that you
were looking for, and use those functions on your code...

  Cheers =),
    E.