Re: When is a syntax-propertize-function called when parse-sexp-lookup-p

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: When is a syntax-propertize-function called when parse-sexp-lookup-properties is t for a current buffer?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 19:29:38 +0200

Pierre Rouleau wrote:

>> `setq-local` at the toplevel makes no sense. Is it really
>> the code you're using, or are you paraphrasing?
>>
>> Sorry. I did not provide enough context.
>
> That code is not at top-level; it is being called by the
> erlang-mode function. At the moment I placed it right inside
> my local copy of the erlang.el function
> `erlang-electric-init' which gets called by what is defined
> by a (define-derived-mode erlang-mode) form.
>
> I won't leave that code there once I understand the behaviour.
> I'm just modifying my local copy of erlang.el to
> 1) understand that code better
> 2) eliminate as many external sources of disruption while
> I investigate.
>
> BTW, I'm trying to get it working on Emacs >= 26.1 if
> this matters.

Well, it never hurts to get the latest Emacs! I'm on GNU Emacs
29.0.50 so that's quite a difference ... (Here are some
commands that may help you, I made them work on Debian 11 at
least but should be a no-op, almost:
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/install-emacs ) It is,
or they have made it I should say, _very easy_ to get/compile
the latest version!

As for your problem, relax, you/we will solve it ... j'ai
confiance
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J43T8rEOg-I>

But ... I don't understand 100% what it is you'd like to
happen? Can you describe it in human terms rather? "When I do
... I'd like this to happen ... and not this ..." ?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal