Re: How to format paragraph and not to lose spaces between 2 characters?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to format paragraph and not to lose spaces between 2 characters?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 08:07:06 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Is there a way to solve this so that I do not lose spaces?

Here:

  Not Breaking

  The ‘fill-nobreak-predicate’ hook lets you avoid line breaks
  at certain places. For example if you’re French, you might
  be used to typing a space in front of colons, question
  marks, exclamation marks, etc. [1] This might lead to the
  following problem:

    Where do we write the question marks |
    ? We use a space in front of them.   |

  To avoid this, add ‘fill-french-nobreak-p’ to
  ‘fill-nobreak-predicate’.

  Emacs comes with a ‘fill-single-word-nobreak-p’ to not
  dangle the first or last word of a sentence, and
  HtmlMode/SgmlMode sets up ‘sgml-fill-nobreak’ to keep a tag
  and first attribute together. For more nobreaks see

    * NobreakFade – a few miscellaneous nobreaks
    * PerlPodGt – POD C<<, S<> and C<!>
    * texinfo-nobreak.el – workarounds for makeinfo

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FillParagraph

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal