Re: Lisp books

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Lisp books
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 14:54:05 +0200

On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 08:37:22AM -0400, Stefan Monnier via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> >> Try https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/155360.155373
> > I learnt to despise those: they have become cookie/javascript
> > black holes [1] as of late.
>
> They do use javascript a lot more than I'd like, but `M-x eww` renders
> it quite acceptably for me.

What killed them for me is their cookie message:

  "We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience
   on our website."

This is corporate Newspeak for: "don't want to be tracked? Go
pound sand". That's OK with me. They don't like me, I don't
like them, We agree on something :)

But that's me, I know.

Cheers
 - t