Looking for some examples

From: Patrick Mahan
Subject: Looking for some examples
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:30:40 -0700

I've looked around on the wiki and googled, but I haven't really found any
examples.

I am cleaning a bunch of old code with tons of CPP macros of the form -
#define MACRONAME(_arg1, _arg2) \
    do {                                                   \
        /* code */                                       \
    } while (0)

I am converting these all to inline functions and already have some emacs
lisp code written to handle converting everything but the backslashes.  I
would like to remove the backslashes, but I do not want to leave all that
empty whitespace behind.  Is there a way to do this using
query-replace-regexp that also removes the whitespace?

Thanks,

Patrick