plaintext yank from ~/.authinfo [DANGER]

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: plaintext yank from ~/.authinfo [DANGER]
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 13:50:50 +0200

First congrats to a very good looking authinfo-mode which
still only uses the basic font-lock faces! Don't know whenever
this font-lock appeared because I don't visit that file every
day but I don't think I've seen it before ...

I also like the obfuscated passwords that are made visible
when you put the cursor at them!

However when I for example go to the beginning of the first
line, set the mark, move to the end of line, and do
`kill-ring-save', then the password is still obfuscated.

Only when I after that yank it it is inserted in plaintext!

This can backfire I think ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal