Re: Code folding in Emacs.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Code folding in Emacs.
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:56:49 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

>> There is also
>> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/hideshowvis.el which adds
>> mouse support to the built-in existing hideshow library.
>
> Another package which does the similar job:
>
> https://github.com/alphapapa/outshine

Well, I guess for the Emacs world it is only good that you
test all these different packages ...

In general tho and from a one-user perspective one should get
the foundation smooth and rolling first, then add maybe 2-3
packages tops initially and then maybe one here and there in
the course of time for very specific needs.

Or is it me that is old-fashioned? I just strikes me as
a little backward.

But TEHO ... no need to defend or explain your Emacs or
computer style and attitude to anyone.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal