Re: Detect latexmk is running on currently buffer.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Detect latexmk is running on currently buffer.
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 21:10:47 +0800

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:00 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> >> I use the "LaTeX mode defined in ‘tex-mode.el’" and there
> >> is an important difference compared to yours, which is in
> >> line with our respective styles, ha.
> >
> > It's called `latex-mode', as shown by `C-h o latex-mode
> > RET':
> >
> > latex-mode is an interactive native compiled Lisp function
> > in ‘tex-mode.el’.
> >
> > (latex-mode)
>
> OK, so what is the difference between the other mode then?

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/reftex/Installation.html

1.1.3 Entering RefTeX Mode

To turn RefTeX Mode on and off in a particular buffer, use M-x
reftex-mode RET. To turn on RefTeX Mode for all LaTeX files, add the
following lines to your .emacs file:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)   ; with AUCTeX LaTeX mode
(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)   ; with Emacs latex mode

HZ