Re: Skip to the cpython primitive definition of the function/operation.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Skip to the cpython primitive definition of the function/operation.
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:48:55 +0800

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:16 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Hongyi Zhao wrote:
>
> > So, I want to confirm the equivalence of the np.invert and ~
> > operators by inspecting the corresponding cpython primitive
> > definition. Is there a way for me to skip to them from the
> > python script opened in Emacs?
>
> anaconda-mode ... maybe

I've filed the relevant issues:

https://github.com/pythonic-emacs/anaconda-mode/issues/417
https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/3147

> elpy ...

I've tried this before, but it doesn’t seem to have this feature.

BTW, the more powerful IDE-like Emacs environment can be achieved by
lsp-mode and dap-mode, which is just the combination I'm using
currently.

> So much Python!
>
> M-x list-packages RET
>
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/elpa.el

I use straight, which already includes all these repositories and many
more, as noted below:

https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el/blob/af5437f2afd00936c883124d6d3098721c2d306c/straight.el#L15

;; straight.el is a next-generation package manager for Emacs. It
;; clones packages into your ~/.emacs.d and handles byte-compilation,
;; autoload generation, and load path management. Dependency
;; management, powerful tools for managing your packages in bulk, and
;; out-of-the-box compatibility with MELPA, GNU ELPA, and Emacsmirror
;; are also included.

HZ