Re: Run `fill-paragraph' on all the paragraphs in the currently opened L

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Run `fill-paragraph' on all the paragraphs in the currently opened LaTeX document.
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 18:21:15 +0200

Yuri Khan wrote:

>>> Why do you even want that?
>>
>> I use SyncTeX to do the forward and backward search, which
>> is based on linefeed separated line to locate the position
>> in the source LaTeX document. If a paragraph is arranged in
>> one line, the backward search will always jump to a very
>> inaccurate location.
>
> I’m not suggesting
> keeping each paragraph as a single long line.
> What I’m suggesting is
> dividing paragraphs into sentences
> and sentences into phrases
> while keeping each line reasonably short
> but without trying to cram as much as possible into each line.
>
> (This mail uses semantic line breaks,
> as a demonstration.)

No kidding ... what are the advantages with that you say?

But even so people are so used with paragraphs I don't know if
those would come into play anyway. Maybe if people did that
from day one?

To the OP (Hongyi Zhao), check out:
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/wrap-search.el

Does it work to search backward with that? I think so :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal