org-mode freezes sometimes

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: org-mode freezes sometimes
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 11:46:19 +0200

Hi all,
I'm running emacs 27.2 with prelude on top of it (if that matters).
Somehow, when I'm editing an org-mode file with images and code
blocks, the system works fine for a few minutes, and then it start
slowing down up to freezing for several seconds. Then it start
reacting well again, and then turns again slow and freezes, and so on.
Since the above does not suffice to diagnose the problem, what could I
start looking at to better inspect the cause of the problem?
I've not noted the same problem with other org-mode files, especially
those that do not have embedded images, but images are not displayed
online, so I don't think this is a cause.

thanks,
Luca