Re: Differences with side-by-side modification

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Differences with side-by-side modification
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:54:24 +0200

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 09:45:17AM +0000, tolugboji wrote:

[...]

> Have done `M-x ediff-files` and `M-x ediff-buffers`, but the two files
> are put one on top of each other, rather than side-by-side.  What setting
> do I need to do to change to side-by-side?

Read the docs [1] ;-)

No, seriously: have you seen this little frame floating around,
showing: "type ? for help"?

If you go there (how ever your window manager/operating system
does that) and type ? you'll get a cheat sheet. Among them, there
is

  "| -vert/horiz split"

So try typing "|", (the vertical bar, aka "pipe symbol") to toggle
between vertically and horizontally split display.

Enjoy

[1] I hope you don't take that too seriously. But there are more
   things in there that I could tell you, promised!

 - t