Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Gnus accumulating copies of a draft when sending is not possible
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:42:55 +0200

> "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
>> At this stage I'm closing Emacs with C-x C-c.
>>
>> Emacs is asking me if I want to save the draft (which was saved before,
>> has it changed?), I refuse with typing n.
>>
>> Emacs is shutting down.
>>
>> After reopening Emacs I've got my additional clone of the draft.
>
> I think typing `n' is the issue -- then there'll be one officially saved
> copy of the draft, and one auto-saved, and I think Gnus will offer both
> up to be on the safe side?
>
> If you answer `y', do you get the doubling?

Just tested it and it's the same whether I type `n' or `y'! I'm getting
more and more of the same draft.

Just in case, forgot to mention that when starting Gnus and it's asking
me about "auto-save file exists" I always type yes. (I tend to forget
closing down Gnus before shutting down Emacs.)

Thank you

      Dieter