Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:59:24 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Is on website.
>>
>> Right: https://bitbucket.org/alfaromurillo/org-passwords.el
>>
>> It was in the org-contrib repo but they kicked it this year
>> because it seems that it is, sadly, not maintained any
>> longer (last commit in 2019).
>
> But if it works and is useful no need to kick it out, still.

I didn't quite understood their argument in
https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/org-contrib.html

> Generally speaking that is, I don't know what it is or is
> supposed to do or if indeed not br0ken ...

https://github.com/AndreaCrotti/org-passwords/blob/master/org-passwords.el

it requires an external password generator (per default Gnu-Linux' pwgen)

It's working perfectly for me, e.g. (org-passwords-random-password)

     Dieter