Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 20:48:40 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-10-22 15:57]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> >> it requires an external password generator (per default
> >> Gnu-Linux' pwgen)
> >
> > Emacs Lisp is good enough to generate passwords just like
> > `pwgen'
>
> Are there some agreed-upon, formal requirements to
> a password generator?

Out of 4540 passwords maintained in my computer and demands by
websites, I can conclude that passwords shall:

- be very random, not similar to any dictionary words;
- have mixture of upper and lower letters;
- include some numbers;
- include special symbols like & or %

--
Jean