RE: [External] : Is there a programmatic way to determine the history va

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Is there a programmatic way to determine the history variable used by a command?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 15:59:10 +0000

> Let's say I want to access the minibuffer history elements of an
> arbitrary command from lisp.
>
> Is there a reliable way to programmatically determine the history
> variable used by that command?

`C-h v minibuffer-history-variable':

minibuffer-history-variable is a variable defined in `C source code'.

Its value is minibuffer-history

Documentation:
History list symbol to add minibuffer values to.
Each string of minibuffer input, as it appears on exit from the minibuffer,
is added with
  (set minibuffer-history-variable
  (cons STRING (symbol-value minibuffer-history-variable)))