Re: Verticality and future of display engine and lines (bis) [Was: Re: R

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: Verticality and future of display engine and lines (bis) [Was: Re: RTL lines]
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 09:18:55 +0200

forgot that:

Le jeudi 28 octobre 2021, 08:53:21 CEST Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
> IOW, find a real-life case with several diacritics on the same
> character, and then let's talk.  The example you provided makes no
> sense in real life, and the correct reaction of the Emacs display
> engine to that nonsensical example is to show just one diacritic.

“Vietnamese (Vietnamese: tiếng Việt) is an Austroasiatic language” from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_language (which firefox displays
just fine, screenshot attached).

For some reason, for me, within emacs, this displays bad: the e is
oversmall, while using combining diacritics displays right: “tiếng Việt”.

Whatever the way, Qt displays that incorrectly just the same.

Screenshots attached (but do you look at them?)