Re: Trojan Source detection/highlight in Emacs?

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: Trojan Source detection/highlight in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 10:01:28 -0500

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 9:39 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro@gmail.com>
> > Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:19:16 -0500
> >
> > The recent Trojan Source vulnerability crossed my newsfeed a day or two
> > ago.
>
> For some value of "recent".

:-)

It's not clear when the paper was published, but I expect Brian Krebs to be
on top of things better than most people. That this is only now becoming an
issue in the software development space suggests that back in 2014, it
wasn't viewed as a potentially broad vulnerability by the Emacs developer
community at the time.

I accept your belief that this will be difficult to handle in Emacs. Maybe
lint tools are where the solution lies.

Skip