Re: Help adding a package to NonGNU Elpa

From: Stephen Meister
Subject: Re: Help adding a package to NonGNU Elpa
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:57:35 -0400

> IIUC you're just seeing some error messages, but the command does do
> what you asked (i.e. the error messages are "noise" that you can
> ignore).

Yep, you're correct.  I misunderstood that output.

I'm now at the point where the README
(https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/tree/README.org#n241)
tells me to git push which is failing because I don't have
permissions.  I don't think I have such permissions so that makes
sense.  I asked in the emacs IRC channel and the suggestion was to
mail the patch to the emacs-devel mailing list.  Is this the correct
way to submit code?  I don't mind mailing a patch but it's a process
I've never worked with before.

I've noted
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html
as well, which suggests sending patches to the bug-gnu-emacs mailing
list.  That list appears to only be applicable to existing bugs
though, which I don't currently have.

Any suggestions for how to continue?  I've tried to attach my patch
here for reference.

-steve