Re: Emacs with macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.1

From: Jonathon McKitrick
Subject: Re: Emacs with macOS Big Sur Version 11.6.1
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 16:41:22 +0000

On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 09:31:31AM -0400, Samuel Banya wrote:

1. Try opening emacs again, so you get that dialog box.
2. Open System Preferences > Security and Privacy
3. 'General' tab (I'm almost sure) look for 'allow this app to run anyway'
4. Check that box.
5. Repeat step 1, and it should work.

: Hey Kevin,
:
: Not sure if this helps, but here are my old notes from my previous job on how
I installed Emacs using the 'Macports' version since the Macports version is
far superior than the regular Homebrew version (confusing, I know. It was for
me too).
:
: More so, because I kept getting this weird flickering issue on the Homebrew
version, so I recommend using 'Macports' instead.
:
: Here's my old Org notes, hope they help:
:
: <2021-06-02 Wed 10:28>: I re-installed Emacs via this link with this port:
: - https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport
:
: <2021-06-02 Wed 10:29>: Here are the commands I used:
: #+BEGIN_SRC bash
: brew tap railwaycat/emacsmacport
: brew install --cask emacs-mac
: #+END_SRC
:
: On Tue, Nov 2, 2021, at 9:46 AM, Kevin Chen via Users list for the GNU Emacs