Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom ac

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom activists
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 16:12:31 +0800

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> Not the OP, but I am one of those who ran away from GNOME. In my case
> the reason is: infantilisation. I can't stand that.

That complaint I find familiar, because it was common around the release
of GNOME 2.  And the removal of Sawfish also caused quite a stir.

Give it some time.  Even though GNOME might have been making some bad
design decisions as of late, it's still leaps and bounds ahead of the
competition.

I'm not sure if this discussion is appropriate help-gnu-emacs though.
It's getting a bit off topic.