Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom ac

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Poll: best hackable window manager or DE for Emacs-loving freedom activists
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 03:13:46 +0100

Samuel Banya wrote:

> Not sure about everyone else on here, but even when I like
> minimal DE or WM setups, I just expect a couple things to work
> on Linux as a user:
> - Sound ('pavucontrol' if I'm using PulseAudio)
> - Video ('arandr' for multiple monitors)
> - Networking ('nmtui')
>
> For this reason alone, I actually prefer GUI or curses type
> apps for these three components as its always a pain to try
> to configure either of these just to get a basic OS working
> when it should just work.

But what has this to do with GUI, I also want them and
everything else to work out of the box.

Hm ... take a look here, with all the files that start with "audio"

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/

maybe you are right? :P

No, not really, I have just accumulated that over the years.
When I install Debian multimedia and internet works fine out
of the box.

I even have an Elisp audio file BTW. But not related to
software config:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/audio.el

--
underground experts united