Re: [External] : messages to *Messages* without appearing in mini-buffer

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : messages to *Messages* without appearing in mini-buffer?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 06:07:38 +0100

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> Ok, if you have the time to rewrite significant parts of
> Emacs before every single command call ...but most people
> don't. That's why programmers invented variables.

Global variables should be avoided. It isn't so difficult to
do. I have written 140 files of Elisp. They are not Elisp
files in Emacs sense but much shorter, but still. (Well,
actually that is a good things! Emacs Elisp files are too
long. But it sounds more than it is is what I'm saying.)
Anyway I've only 6 `defvar' in all of that!

These 6 in 140 are ...

Two are extra keywords, e.g.
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/buffer-menu.el
  - actually I don't know if they are necessary there ... to
  be global/dynamic/special, I mean?

One is a map,
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/caps-back.el
  - necessary?