silence append-to-file?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: silence append-to-file?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 12:36:25 +0000

Hello all,

I have a little timer running in Emacs that appends a line to a log
file.  I use append-to-file for this.  However, every time this gets
invoked, a message gets written to the *Messages* buffer, a message I do
not need and simply adds clutter to that buffer.

Is it possible to silence that function?  I've tracked the code down to
fileio.c (in write-region, line 5501) and I cannot see how to do so
(from elisp).

Alternatively, is there a better function to use for this?

thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.1