Help with new frame colors on Mac OS X

From: Patrick Mahan
Subject: Help with new frame colors on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 12:25:11 -0800

I know the answer is probably somewhere in the Emacs Wiki, but I don't know
how to frame it well.

I start emacs up from the command line using -
   emacs -bg black -fg mediumspringgreen -cr yellow -ms blue <file>

(I'm leaving out that I explicitly add the path to the emacs application on
the Mac)

This works fine, similar to my use of emacs on linux distros.  However,
when I popup another frame say using the find tag in another frame 'Ctrl-x
5 .'  It sometimes pops up as white background with black foreground.  An I
cannot see how?  Most of the time it pops up with the green on black that I
started the application.

Does this ring any bells?  Any pointers on how to debug this when it occurs?

Thanks,

Patrick