Hiding files in dired ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Hiding files in dired ?
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 20:16:47 -0800

I'm aware of dired-do-kill-lines hiding all marked files in the current
directory buffer.  My question is how to combine the (multiple) marks
and kill into one key.  I suppose I could combine several
dired-mark-files-regexp and the kill into a macro, but I was wondering
if there is something more elegant (flexible?).

Side question: where is the syntax for Emacs regexp documented?
--
David Masterson