RE: [External] : Hiding files in dired ?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Hiding files in dired ?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 16:28:05 +0000

> I'm aware of dired-do-kill-lines hiding all marked files in the current
> directory buffer.  My question is how to combine the (multiple) marks
> and kill into one key.  I suppose I could combine several
> dired-mark-files-regexp and the kill into a macro, but I was wondering
> if there is something more elegant (flexible?).

Not clear to me what you're asking.  Are you asking
how to both _mark_ multiple files and _act_ on those
that are marked, with one key?  There are zillions
of different ways of marking files.
___

You also have other ways to hide files:
`dired-hide-all' - all subdir listings
`$' - one subdir listing
`dired-omit-mode' - files matching regexp or extension

> Side question: where is the syntax for Emacs regexp documented?

The Elisp manual.