Error on `get-text-property`

From: guo . yong
Subject: Error on `get-text-property`
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:07:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello.

I'm using `smartparens-mode` and it causes an erorr when I try to delete word
when the kill ring is empty.

>From the backtrack, the error occured from `kill-append`. The reason is that
>`kill-append` calls `get-text-property` in the function. But when the kill
>ring is empty, the function call is `(get-text-property 0 'yank-handler nil)`
>which cause the error.

I don't know Elisp well so I'm at lost. Is there any workaround for this
problem or do I have to report this to Emacs devs (the functions are from
`simple.el`)?

Regards.Yong.

P.S. This is my first time using mailing list. Sorry for the previous mail from
me (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2021-11/msg00415.html)