Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:26:37 +0100

>> Is 'scroll-lock-mode' activate?

> It looks that way: C-h v scroll-lock-mode RET says:

>  scroll-lock-mode is a variable defined in ‘scroll-lock.el’.
>  Its value is t
[snip!]
> Not sure what has switched it on?  Not in my own config and not
> activated on purpose by me.

It looks like this is the culprit.

When I do M-x scroll-lock-mode RET once it says that it switches on
scroll-lock-mode (even though the value was t)

If I do M-x scroll-lock-mode RET again it says that it switches off
scroll lock mode and then the annoying behavious is gone.

Now I just got to figure out what switches the behaviour on (i.e. it's
".emacs bisect time" again...).