Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:31:11 -0800

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> David Masterson wrote:
>
>> so I can read all of my families email accounts, but leave
>> their email in their IMAP server for them to read also
>
> ... ?

If you're asking about privacy, as father of family with (even more than
me) limited computer experience, we agree with this to allow me to keep
an eye on what is going on in case of problems, but still let them read
their own way.

If you're asking process, I'm trying to avoid my (Gnus) sucking down the
email from the IMAP (or POP?) servers into local file(s) such that their
email accidentally disappears onto my system. However, I might want to
clean up old files in their INBOX by deletion or moving to other folders
(that I might create) on their IMAP server.

--
David Masterson