Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 07:32:16 +0100

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Now I just got to figure out what switches the behaviour on (i.e. it's
>> ".emacs bisect time" again...).

> Alternatively add (debug-on-entry 'scroll-lock-mode) near the beginning
> of your config and restart.  The backtrace should tell you what invoked
> the mode, you see which form in which file is currently processed etc.
> c to continue.  Then remove the `debug-on-entry' call.

Huh... that was weird...?

Looks like the command is run, but I swear it wasn't by me, at least not
intentionally:

Debugger entered--entering a function:
* scroll-lock-mode(toggle)
  funcall-interactively(scroll-lock-mode toggle)
  call-interactively(scroll-lock-mode nil nil)
  command-execute(scroll-lock-mode)

The command is bound to Scroll_lock.  But that is not a key on my
keyboard, nor one I press intentionally.

What I did to get that stack trace was to Alt-TAB to a different window
and back. Could it be that Alt-TAB is interpreted as Scroll_lock?