Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 20:13:53 +0100

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> I have no idea.  Did you already check the lossage (C-h l) for a key
> event that may be involved?

Here's the bottom of the buffer that results from C-h l:
 <Scroll_Lock>             ;; scroll-lock-mode
 ;; handle-switch-frame
 <help-echo> <Scroll_Lock> ;; scroll-lock-mode
 <Scroll_Lock>             ;; scroll-lock-mode
 <Scroll_Lock>             ;; scroll-lock-mode
 <Scroll_Lock>             ;; scroll-lock-mode
 <Scroll_Lock>             ;; scroll-lock-mode
 C-h l                     ;; view-lossage

> Does this also happen with emacs -Q?

Yes.  It also toggles scroll-lock-mode when the emacs window is
selected.

> With a different terminal?

I don't use a terminal.  I use GUI Emacs through X11 forwarding in ssh.

I use MobaXTerm for this since the virus software on this machine has
decided to block cygwin X (it's a work machine where I don't control the
virus software.

> If that doesn't get us anywhere then... it's indeed bisect time I think.

Ah well.  Since "emacs -Q" also exhibits this behaviour then it's
probably not something in my config...?