Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus and multiple Email servers
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 21:27:57 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

>> I have
>>
>>   (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnml:mail.sent")
>>
>> but also a nnfolder "archive" server that is empty.
>>
>> Maybe unrelated on both accounts ... eh
>
> Not entirely unrelated, in that your archive-group setting
> is sufficient to cause Gnus to create a default nnml select
> method for you. That could potentially contribute to the
> confusion, if people are trying to understand where all
> their select methods come from, and don't know why they have
> an nnml method that they never configured.

Hm ... "method" here meaning ... ?

I have

  (setq gnus-select-method             '(nntp "news.gmane.io"))
  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nntp "nntp.aioe.org")
                                        (nnml "") ))
  (setq gnus-message-archive-group      "nnml:mail.sent")

and servers

     nnfolder: archive       (opened)
      nndraft:               (opened)
         nnml:               (opened)
         nntp: nntp.aioe.org (opened)
         nntp: news.gmane.io (opened)

So nnml I configured explicitely (as well as implicitly if
I understand you correctly) and the nntp as well, twice.

In nndraft it turns up I had 0 drafts and 19 posts in
"queue", I don't know if that means they were never sent or
what else it indicates?

In the nnfolder "archive" there is nothing and it isn't even
opened by default, so I guess it doesn't do anything?
But I can open it so it is operational, maybe operational
doing nothing but still ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal